Visions & Aims
The name Lumen Christi shows our abiding faith in the power of Christ to inspire. His Spirit is to be the inspiration underlying all the life and work of the school. Faith in God expressing itself in practice will be central to our community.
- Lumen Christi is a Catholic College welcoming pupils of all faiths, respectful of all genuine religious beliefs and encouraging the development of all in their own faith.
- The kindness, encouragement, enthusiasm and moral leadership of the College staff will demonstrate Christianity in action.
- We seek an environment which will be supportive of family values.
- The College is co-educational. We recognise that young people working together in a congenial and properly structured environment gives a greater opportunity for the development of all. No one is disadvantaged by reason of gender, religion, race or class.
- We aim for the maximum development of each pupil, intellectually, spiritually, academically and vocationally.
- The needs and interests of individual pupils are catered for, promoting a positive self-image and physical and mental health.
- Pupils are encouraged to accept responsibility and given opportunities to exercise leadership. They are invited to contribute to the formulation and development of School rules and are expected to support the fair and consistent application of all such clearly defined rules.
- Lumen Christi aims for the highest possible academic success of each pupil and as a College, for the highest grammar school standards in all subjects. It seeks to achieve individual success through an emphasis on co-operation and group work in a carefully constructed system in which the majority of awards for achievement go to groups rather than to individuals.
- We see this pursuit of excellence through mutual help as ideal preparation for modern higher study and for the world of work. In school it will lead to a broader and higher level of individual achievement which is, of course, always recognised and properly celebrated.
- Lumen Christi, as a "listening" College, will establish an organisational climate in which relationships will be characterised by all its members being able to put their views honestly and positively, confident of a sensitive hearing. It seeks to eliminate confrontational-style aggressiveness and defensiveness.
- Lumen Christi aims to promote a spirit of concern for others within and beyond the school through awareness raising and community service to help the elderly or marginalised.
» 25th September 2020